Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced Thursday evening that all professional sporting competitions in the country would resume from Friday – but without the participation of fans, to avoid the risk of the coronavirus spreading.
Conte also announced that amateur contact games could resume from June 25 as Italy emerges from the COVID-19 epidemic and regional authorities confirm the infection rate continues to decline.
Some entertainment activities will resume, and others will remain suspended.
âLive shows in concert halls and cinemas will also resume, as well as those in other spaces, including those outdoors, but with some caution,â Conte said. “All of those activities that take place in ballrooms, nightclubs and similar clubs, whether indoors or outdoors, will remain on hold.”
Italy also limits tourist arrivals from most of Europe, but allows people to enter Italy from Asia or North or South America for work or other reasons. essential for a short time.
Conte urged Italians to download a new contact tracing app, known as the Immuni app, which will be available nationwide for the first time next week. Immuni uses Bluetooth technology to notify users that they have come into close and prolonged contact with an app user who has tested positive.
Technological Innovation and Digitization Minister Paola Pisano said on Thursday that 2 million people had already downloaded the Immuni app.