DALLAS, Texas, Oct 02, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The 8th Annual World Food Championships (WFC) is just a few weeks away and its influence is already being felt in its new host city, Dallas, Texas. This unique culinary competition and gastronomic festival is the flagship event of Food Sport. The WFC is where professional chefs and cooks compete for a share of the biggest purse in food sports history – over $ 350,000.
So what’s the WFC’s recipe for a successful food fight? Discover the ingredients that make up the biggest food sport event in the world:
- Over 100,000 pounds of food will be shipped and prepared for attendees during the event
- Nearly 6,000 professional gastronomic entrees will be served
- Over 1,500 participants (ranging from home cooks to chefs to professional teams) will attend from over 40 states and 15 countries
- Nearly 500 teams will compete in cooking competitions throughout the five-day tournament
- More than 450 volunteers will take part in the operations
- Over 230 professionally trained EAT ™ food judges will determine the winners
- More than 170 companies will be present throughout the championship
- 50 vendors will serve FREE samples in the Walmart tasting pavilion
- 32 companies to showcase new gadgets and culinary trends in The Innovation Station
- Over 30 unique cooking demonstrations will be performed on The Demo Stage with MAXimus (as seen in Gordon Ramsay’s 24 Hours To Hell And Back)
- 20 returning WFC champions who will try to defend or reclaim their food world titles
- 16 Texas-based companies will be showcased to VIP customers via WFC’s Lone-Star Showcase
- Over 10 local universities and high school culinary programs will help organizers and competitors at events like Bourb’N’Que and The Grand Tasting
- WFC to host 10 championships in world’s largest outdoor kitchen arena
- 10 “cheferees” will ensure that the rules and regulations are respected throughout the food battle
- Five young entrepreneurial companies will sell their products at the event
- Four different film crews will cover and capture the activities of different shows on national and international networks
- Two former pro multisport athletes come to taste the Food Sport action.
- A mobile app will provide foodies with all the details they need during the five-day event.
Don’t miss your chance to be at the forefront of this tasty experience. Daily admission starts at just $ 10, but increases to $ 20 at the door (kids 12 and under are free)! Click here to see the full list of fun family events held at WFC.
The 8th Annual WFC, presented by Walmart, will be held October 16-20 at Reunion Tower Lawn in Dallas, Texas. To learn more about this year’s competition and special food and family events like the World Food Games, Bourb’N’Que and more, visit www.worldfoodchampionships.com or follow the World Food Championships on Twitter (@WorldFoodChamp), and Facebook or Instagram (@WorldFoodChampionships)
About the World Food Championships
The World Food Championships (WFC) are the highest stakes food competition in the world. This multi-day live cooking competition features some of the world’s best cooking masters competing for food, fame and fortune in ten categories: Bacon, Barbecue, Burger, Chef, Chili, Dessert, Recipe, Sandwich, Fruits of sea and Steak. In 2018, more than 1,500 participants from nearly 500 official teams from 42 US states and 12 countries competed against each other. Over 20 million people have attended or seen the WFC on national television in the past seven years. This year’s Main Event will be held in Dallas, Texas at Reunion Tower Lawn, October 16-20.